Each spring BEA members elect leaders to represent them and guide the work of our union. Candidates for Executive Board positions must declare by the April 5th Building Rep meeting. The Executive Board positions that will be elected in May 2021 are: Secretary (2 year term), Treasurer (2 year term), 3 at-large positions (2 year terms), and 1 Substitute member position (2 year term).
You can find information about the roles and responsibilities of these positions in the BEA Bylaws on our website. Some of the general responsibilities of the Executive Board include:
- Take action on requests from the Representative Assembly and members
- Review all BEA expenditures and recommend a balanced program budget to the Rep Assembly
- Recommend and execute policies established by the Representative Assembly
- Oversee committees and task forces
- Represent the BEA with representatives of the school district
- Approve, promote, and coordinate BEA communications, services, workshops, projects and programs