Our mission is to preserve, promote, and improve public education through advocacy, action and education.
This mission is reflected in our goals of:
- Member rights: We educate and empower members regarding their rights and benefits. We protect and improve the rights, welfare and benefits of members.
- Membership and leadership: We attract and train potential leaders and increase membership and member involvement. We recognize and reward accomplishments of our members and leaders.
- Political action: We work to secure stable and adequate funding and influence the election of pro-public education representatives as well as the decisions they make.
- Communications: We promote a positive, professional image of the association, our members and our school. We promote internal communication and dialogue with our members.
- Professional issues: We solicit member input on curriculum and professional development issues. We influence district decisions based on research and member input.
Learn more about us by reading the BEA Narrative for Public Education.