Anti-Bias Anti-Racist (ABAR) Resources and Curriculum
February is Black History Month and the first week of February is Black Lives Matter Week of Action. Outside of those specific events, we should all be striving to be anti-racist educators, to celebrate communities of color, and to encourage our students to look at the world through a thoughtful and equitable lens.
- Eye on Equity – this website from OEA offers videos, lesson plans, opportunities for professional development, and highlights of OEA members doing great work.
- Black Lives Matter at School– webpage with dates, resources, and other inforamtion about the Black Lives Matter at School Week of Actio and Year of Purpose
- Black Lives Matter at School 2022 Curriculum Resource Guide – this Google folder is chock full of great lessons for every level, as well as posters and activities.
- This website, put together by a BEA member, has links to and contact information for groups focusing on all aspects of equity work in Beaverton and Washington County.
- NEA’s Racial Justice in Education Resource Guide provides materials and links for talking about race in school.
- This amazing Padlet from one of our BEA members has loads of books, articles, websites, etc.
- NEA EdJustice – this page provides resources for the classroom as well as ways to engage with your community.
- ABAR Middle School Resources – this Google doc highlights articles and books, and organizes curricula into themes.